Visitor Code of Conduct
Our aim is to provide a safe, family friendly focused environment. The following policies are in place in order to provide an experience that all of our visitors can enjoy.
To maintain a family environment St Johns Shopping Centre will not permit:
- Any actions that may be perceived as intimidating, for example the wearing of motorcycle helmets and hoods, or groups of youths (male or female) loitering either in the centre or car park. Please note that truancy will be reported to the relevant authority.
- Unsociable behaviour, including swearing, shouting or behaviour that could be detrimental to a family environment.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any animals or pets onto the malls with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Shirts and shoes not being worn.
To allow customers to enjoy their visit to St Johns Shopping Centre, we do not permit the following:
- Leafleting, canvassing or conducting any interviews and surveys within the centre or car park without prior permission from Centre Management.
- Busking or unauthorised selling of goods in the Centre or car park.
- Blocking access to the shopping centre entrances and exits, retail units, corridors or parking areas.
To protect the health & safety of our staff and visitors the following are strictly prohibited:
- Aggressive, abusive or violent behaviour towards our staff or any member of the public
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) inside the Centre or Car Park.
- With the exception of mobility scooters and wheelchairs, visitors are not allowed to ride any vehicle within the centre. This includes skateboards, cycles, roller blades, micro-scooters, roller-skates and scooters. Any visitor who enters the centre on a vehicle other than those permitted) will be asked to leave. Cyclists must not bring their cycles into the centre under any circumstances with the exception of the paramedic services or with written permission from Centre Management.
- Running, climbing or sitting on any escalator, balustrade, barrier, fence or railing.
- Prams are not allowed on the escalators.
- Filming and photography is not permitted unless authorisation is granted by Centre Management in advance. the use of tripod equipment is not permitted.
The following legal condition must be adhered to:
- Alcohol is only to be consumed within premises that hold a relevant licence.
- Customers must stay within the boundaries of the premises that they have purchase their drink from.
- This list is not exhaustive, St Johns Shopping Centre is a private property and reserves the right to refuse entry to or ask any visitor to leave the premises.
- Failure to adhere to the Visitor Code of Conduct may result in exclusion from the premises.