St Johns Shopping Centre is committed to providing quality accessibility information to ensure our visitors with disabilities have a positive customer experience.
On this page you will find:
- An introduction to Able Liverpool – our digital assistant
- Information about Shop Mobility
- Details of Autism hour at The Entertainer
- Details of our staff training and
- Disability Confident Level 3 Award
We value our customers with a disability or those who require additional help. Therefore, we have invested in our very own disability partner, Able Liverpool to ensure detailed accessibility information is easily available before and during customers planned activity.
Able Liverpool is available across multiple communication channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Skype, voice-enabled services such as Google Assistant and the Web Chat Assistance, which can be seen below.
To start using Able AI, click here..
Liverpool Shopmobility is situated on the ground floor of St Johns Shopping Centre, next to Poundland, overlooking Queens Square Bus Station.
Shopmobility hires modern and easy to use equipment including manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs and electric scooters. The service operated by the charity Local Solutions also offers a range of additional support services including:
- Travel companion (subject to availability)
- Drop off/ pick up service from local hotels (subject to staff availability)
- Opportunity to hire equipment for holidays/day excursions
Information about local amenities, shops, disability issues and useful contacts
Shopmobility is not restricted to people who are registered disabled, meaning any individual who has a mobility restriction due to age, disability or injury can use the service. The friendly staff will provide training and support to people around the use of the equipment.
Scooters and wheelchairs can be reserved by calling the shop, booking online or making contact via the Local Solutions website.
Tel: 0151 7095245
For further information about St Johns accessibility and special features, please call the centre on 0151 709 0916.
Guide Dogs / Assistance Dogs are welcome.
Autism Hour At The Entertainer
Shopping trips can be a daunting experience for autistic children who can find busy crowds and loud noises overwhelming. As a result of this, The Entertainer has introduced ‘Autism Hour’ whereby the music is switched off for the first hour of opening each Saturday to create a more welcoming environment for children with autism.
Staff Training At St Johns
In October 2018 St Johns Shopping Centre was awarded Disability Confident Level 3 – one of the first shopping centres in the country to do so.
Acquiring Disability Confident Level 3 means that St Johns Shopping Centre delivers an inclusive environment for both shoppers and employees. To reach this level, the centre had to be validated by one of the following groups:
- Recognised accreditation organisations whose accreditation covers the components of the Disability Confident employer self-assessment
- Existing Disability Confident leaders
- Disabled employees or customers/clients
- Internal diversity and inclusions groups/forums
- Disabled stakeholder groups or forums
- National disability network groups
- Local disability organisations, Work and Health Programme providers or network groups
- Disabled people’s organisations (DPOs)
National disability organisations
Able Liverpool is available across multiple communication channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Skype, voice-enabled services such as Google Assistant and the Web Chat Assistance, which can be seen here.